Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-07-2007 , 06:22 AM
Subscriber

Andalus - background shots

here are some images from the movie Andalus which got scrapped this week (see other thread) These images will be used on my new website.

The look we were going for was realistic cartoon - I know it sounds daft so think of the new turtles movie look and then look at the images again and you`ll know what I mean

1) All these backgrounds were designed and built by me,
2) Not all (but some) of the texturing was me.
3) I had NO part what so ever in the lighting.
4) Although finished backgrounds items like books, food, people cup, ect were going to be added for shots - so there are some areas which are empty looking.

This is me showing off the models I made looking good as getting images of just the models is becoming hard.

thrown room

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 16-07-2007 at 06:41 AM.
# 2 16-07-2007 , 06:24 AM
Subscriber
Womans Bedroom

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 3 16-07-2007 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
Coastal House (day and night)

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 16-07-2007 at 06:38 AM.
# 4 16-07-2007 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
Dungeon

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 5 16-07-2007 , 06:37 AM
incredible !!! Is it for a game or movie ? user added image user added image

# 6 16-07-2007 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
Thank you - It was for a movie
(say so in the first line of the first post)

# 7 16-07-2007 , 06:57 AM
Jr.Who
Again, wow!

How long had the movie been in production, and when was it planned to be completed? user added image

# 8 16-07-2007 , 07:03 AM
Subscriber
And again thx

started last sept (the 4th I think) and it was set for release easter next year (but we all felt like it be summer next year).

We were about to start the voice over recording and had started the animations (were there was no speech).

I got the job as my boss saw my challenge entry (feice armchair thing last June/July) here on this site so heres hoping lighting can strike twice.

# 9 16-07-2007 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
VNice.

I am in love with the lighting!

2 things.. the modeling on the chairs could be better and that one bowl in the girls bedroom could have had more detail.. othe then that 2 thumbs up!

The textureing is very good too, One thing that i did notice that bugs me is the textures on the stair steps how they repeat each other.

Other then that i loved the whole setting and the feeling.

Keep it up!

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 10 16-07-2007 , 08:50 AM
Jr.Who
I have one question:

In the Coastal House, how did you make those trees? Did you use PaintFX or something like Vue? user added image

# 11 16-07-2007 , 01:53 PM
Subscriber
really more detail on a bowl ???? - no really it was just a small background object to fill the space - looking at the first image of the room it looks as if it was not smoothed - but there was no camera shot were that bowl would have been seen that close. In fact I think it was just the two shots in that room, both with the table the focus of the scene. I was the only modeler working on this project so I had to judge where and when to spend my time

The chairs were going to have people sat on them and not really ever going to be seen like the way they are now. It was a case of choosing where to put the details. As for the texturing of those stairs yer that does look bad (wasn't me -honest).

No I made the tree myself. Palm trees are easily made, even easier when you use a tut from the net - . For all other trees that might crop up we used converted paint effects and for the final fight scene we were going to use vue. I`m working on getting the examples of these missing scenes.

heres the link for the tree tut
https://derekthesmart.com/tutorials/

Last edited by tweetytunes; 16-07-2007 at 02:05 PM.
# 12 16-07-2007 , 05:30 PM
Jr.Who
That's a pretty sweet tut, seeing that he goes into the rigging and binding of the tree.

# 13 18-07-2007 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
i dont mean to crit finished works, but something small, the sky looks like the clouds are way too low, the balcony scene bg makes it look like you are looking straight up at the sky, rather than out into the horizon.

First year 3D Grad
# 14 18-07-2007 , 01:33 PM
Subscriber
very good point thank you.

it was supposed to look over a harbor but that scene was never finnished. - might try and photoshop that image

# 15 21-07-2007 , 01:55 PM
That's a great tut. It's so simple and I never would've thought of doing it that way. The scenes look really great tweetytoons. Looks like something from Oblivion.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman