Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-08-2007 , 06:46 AM

Projection mapping an eyeball

Hi,

I'm following a tutorial on projection mapping an eyeball. It's a little vague and I've gotten stuck.

As the image shows, I've got my texture connected to a Projection, and Place3DTexture node. Thing is I don't know how to place it - I've already gotten the colour node of the ball taken up by a white color, as per the tutorial.

It advises that I should project the eye texture (it is just the pupil and the circle around it).

It then advises that I should convert this to a UV Map.

It doesn't tell me how to do either; I've read the help files but they don't help much in this case. I've attached an image.

Anyone help?

Thanks,

gubar.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-08-2007 , 08:02 AM
Ok, I've got it projecting... thing is, it's on all sides. The tutorial advises that it will be seen on the back, since a projection map goes all the way through the object - that's fine, but it's appearance on the side is a problem, and also strange - thought it would be projected straight, like writing through a stick of rock - so why's it on the sides?

thanks,

gubar.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 11-08-2007 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber
Hey there Gubar,

try double clicking the place3DTexture node to open it's attributes and clicking the Fit to group bbox button, this should do the job.

Take it easy,

Mat.