Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-07-2008 , 12:03 AM

Issue Solution

It may be no a good one, but something pretty similar happened to me... I got a 256 video card and just 1Gb of RAM (pretty poor isn't it?), so when I try batch render my system crash...

What I did was, bacth render part by part my scene, so I render 10 by 10 my frames And so, I batch render my scene... It may help you if you are in a hurry...

Another thing, I don't know how much does history on objects affect the bacth rendering, so try to remofe all the history from them before start the bacth rendering.

Hope it works...

user added image user added image

# 2 07-07-2008 , 06:43 AM
Senior Software Developer
The more history on an object the larger the file, therefore the more RAM and processor power needed to deal with it.

Once you are 110% finished with a model, delete its history, it could mean the difference between a 16Mb and a 2Mb file...

Oh and system halts or crashing...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 07-07-2008 , 09:55 AM

Thnaks

Thanks, I knew that I had hear it somewhere...

Thanks for the tip...

# 4 07-07-2008 , 10:09 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
I would keep smoothing history though