Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-01-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Boolean issues

I know booleans can be a source of frustration for many, including me, so maybe someone can offer advice or an alternative. I want to create a word, use bevel plus, then from a cube, carve the word out of it. The word would be inset as in the example. Ive been using boolean/intersection and having problems. If i create the boolean one letter at a time, i get to around 8 or 9 letters when the boolean operation doesnt compute properly. I tried combining all the polly letters and then perform the boolean. After about a minute of watching an hour glass, Maya states the operation has been performed, no errors but both cube and word disappear from the screen.

Anyone got a suggestion?

# 2 16-01-2003 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
Try deleting the history of your cube and letters before and after the boolean. That's what I've always been told.

# 3 16-01-2003 , 08:43 PM
Subscriber
yeah, i did that darkware, before and after every letter. If there's no other solution i'll just need to split the word up into 3 parts and use three cubes and create it in sections.