Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 151 15-09-2003 , 07:58 PM
Mud's not quite there yet, but DUDE! nice shader!

Keep that one for a cool-ass ice-covered-car-paint!

(looks a little like cool dirty ice bits, tho, my monitor is crap, so that may be it too) user added image

AS USUAL, killer modeling dude!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 152 16-09-2003 , 03:35 PM
thanks for the support guys... well.. still needs alot of work esp the door... I have been concentrating on the fender, to make sure that I remember the changes that I am making so that i make sure i add them to the door... what do you think (about the fender) any better??? looking for fine clumpy dirt, that is partially dry. Thanks
me

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 153 16-09-2003 , 04:50 PM
THERE YA GO BUD!!!!

I think you got it closer now!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 154 16-09-2003 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
it still looks to me like a Mesa-range instead of a mountain range. There is a flat face in the mud, at the highest elevation (of the displacement) planar to the truck panel its on. I don't know if you can fix it, but i think having patches of completly white on the displacement map, may cause it. Try to keep everything in the grey range?

The colour is looking much better, although some varicence in colour might look a little more natural.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 155 16-09-2003 , 05:43 PM
man this is hard... driving me crazy!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 156 16-09-2003 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
This will probably get me banned for spam but ... :bow: :bow: :bow:

# 157 17-09-2003 , 01:16 PM
Umm... here is an update... Just to show my bump maps and updated displacement... I think I got rid of the flat high points. THanks,
Brian,

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 158 17-09-2003 , 01:29 PM
You're crazy :p

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 159 17-09-2003 , 02:26 PM
WHOOHOO!!! Looking good bud!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 160 17-09-2003 , 02:47 PM
Thanks guys!! Here is the first test with the tire.. I lightended it up in post, so that is why the highlight is so bright on the wheel (sorry)

Me user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 161 17-09-2003 , 03:49 PM
color update...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 162 17-09-2003 , 03:54 PM
Wow dude! That's really starting to come together now. The door looks excellent. However, on the fender it looks as though some of the mud is painted on. You have a flat painted mud and then a high deisplacement. There's no inbetweens. Especially towards the front, just above the wheel. But damn... it's looking good! Cant wait to see the finished product. user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 163 17-09-2003 , 04:08 PM
Dave I kind of agree with you... but, I was trying to make it look like there were two layers of mud, new and old, the old stuff wasn't nearly as chunky when I went out because it got caught in the rain, and took most of the "chunkyness off" then I went out a second time, and got it back... but if it looks wierd, than I can mess with it some more... spending so much time on just a fender user added image this is a very time consuming projcect... thanks alot for all of your motivation guys. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 164 17-09-2003 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
Well I think you're getting pretty freaking close! I personally would REALLY like to see some more of the truck. Anyway you can try a render with it alltogether? (i know will probably take a week and a half)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 165 17-09-2003 , 05:20 PM
wow...it's really lookin amazing...the mud on that last render looks so believable. I like the 2 layers of mud idea. it looks like you went through some wet, watered down mud, then went crashing through some thicker mud. Looks awesome man. :thumbsup: