Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-06-2011 , 02:13 PM

render in reverse

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if it was possible to render in reverse.

I have a render and I suppose i could just use after effects to reverse it. but I tried entering frame 190 as the start in render settings and 1 as the end. But it won't render a result.

am I missing some thing or is this not possible in maya?

see the render below.

YouTube - ‪GRAD 2011 2‬‏

I just want to see the effect in reverse, as the particles form the text.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

# 2 08-06-2011 , 03:11 PM
The Nurb Herd
why not do it in AE/Nuke? its the simplest way. Not sure if you can do it in maya... I wouldnt bother finding out tbh.

# 3 08-06-2011 , 06:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
I suppose you could bake out all the keyframes, then select them all and scale them -1 in time? But I'd agree with dom, AE would probably be easier.

# 4 29-03-2013 , 06:04 PM
If you put in -1 as the frame step it will render backwards from the start frame. You have to have an end frame MORE than the start frame. The only downside is it will not stop rendering on its own.