Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 01-07-2007 , 02:38 PM
Subscriber
I'm not following. Why would it be hard to lower the armpits and make the shoulders width a little more narrow? I ask so we can discuss solutions.

Remember you don't have to go as high-poly as the example by no means. Think of it as tips on relaxing and locating extremities, and I wanted to show you curvature in anatomy, and a more solid ratio between shoulder-width to waiste/hips area.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 01-07-2007 at 06:58 PM.
# 17 01-07-2007 , 10:06 PM
Well mostly becouse ive modeled the gloves after the shirt, which was more or less made in zbrush, and when I tweak in zbrush it usually becomes very ugly as I dont have so much experience in that program. user added image

# 18 01-07-2007 , 11:41 PM
By the looks of it your using Zbrush 3, if you delete the shirt, adjust the body then use a mask to form the shirt and then use the mesh extraction tool, you'll get you shirt back in no time, all be it that your original will be deleted.

Its best off to get the proportion and the body shape correct before adding clothing etc as it just ends up being more work, as youve found out.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 01-07-2007 , 11:50 PM
Hmm I will try that when i get time to work on the project later this week. user added image

# 20 11-07-2007 , 11:23 AM
My english isnt that good really so I had problems understanding a few things you mentioned, but is this what you we're talking about?

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5.../uploadme9.jpg

The shoulders are more relaxed, i also changed the pose a bit(His right arm was pulled forward a bit and i turned the torso some.)

# 21 12-07-2007 , 03:23 AM
He's looking better, definatly, but at the moment his Clothes dont really fall right, might be his body underneth his clothes, its looking better but I reckon that if you gather some reference images (say you sit on a chair like how you want the character, and get someone to take a photo) you should see where your going wrong.

# 22 18-07-2007 , 08:52 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It's coming along great so hang on man.
the only thing that i'm seeing in your last render is how the arms are connected to the body, it doesn't look natural i've added a picture so you can see how they should be connected

good luck manuser added image

Attached Images
# 23 24-07-2007 , 02:31 AM
I'm withdrawing from this challange becouse I got alot to do at work. And also becouse I realized that I would have to redo my head model becouse now it uses to many polygons so that when I try to make my uv it is impossible to see where to paint.

This project was to large for me that is such an beginner in Zbrush but it gave me alot of experience and I learned that I have to use normal/displacement maps more then high-poly models.

Thanks alot for all the help I got during this challange and the best of luck to all the other participants. user added image

# 24 24-07-2007 , 04:16 AM
Shame that man.

If your having problems with the numbers of polys for your model and UV mapping it heres a tip, Go into Zbrush and to the lowest level of subdivisions, export this model out as a obj, open maya and UV the model, export as an obj. Reopen your model (with all the polys i.e the Ztool) in Zbrush, go to the lowest level of sub divisions again, in morph target click store morph target, import the new UV'd object into Zbrush then with it selected click "switch morph target" your high poly model will then be UV'd same as the low poly one in maya.