Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-06-2007 , 02:40 AM
Senior Software Developer

R@nSiD - Summer Challenge

I think I will join in this one...

I have my idea so I am ready to go. Just need to find my ref images.

I will keep you all updated.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 2 13-06-2007 , 09:48 AM
OK

I am going to leave you in the dark on what iit will be, but here is the start of the blocking out...

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 3 13-06-2007 , 10:47 AM
Now with a little work in Mudbox...

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 4 13-06-2007 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
me smell 300 here

# 5 18-06-2007 , 02:57 AM
I might be sticking my foot in my mouth on this one R@nSiD but looking at the size of the face and facial features, I'm wondering if the forehead is too small (short actually). As far as the model goes though, I love the character of it.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 18-06-2007 , 08:31 PM
Heh-its kind of looks like the mask that kunimitsu and yoshimitsu wear from tekken. nice work m8, will keep my eyes open for the finished article.

# 7 18-06-2007 , 10:34 PM
19 year Veteran
How about some progress on this entry, anything new?

# 8 19-06-2007 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
yea lol

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 9 20-06-2007 , 06:48 AM
Sorry folks, no update as I have had the flu and I have been getting a job application for Rockstar North sorted. But I am on tha case today and will have an update later.

Thx for the support.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 10 01-07-2007 , 02:53 AM

# 11 01-07-2007 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber
rock on, R@nsid

Best of luck to you on the app!
lookin forward to the update user added image

# 12 02-07-2007 , 11:31 AM
yeah good luck R@nSiD,

I tried to get a placement at rockstar leeds but they are far too secretive to let any of us newbies in user added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 13 07-07-2007 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
Cool ... yeah looks similar to that 300 one,

btw hows the UI for mudbox chris?

# 14 07-07-2007 , 11:23 PM
Mudbox is limited compared to ZBrush, but it is so much better for plain old sculpting. Its fast, efficient and controls in the same way as Maya using the same keys, so you can pick it up and play straight away. Brilliant!! I say.

I must apologise for the lack of update, but with the Interview and me making a major desicion from that interview (which didn't work out btw tick) I am a bit snowed under. Hey Tick that means we are both part of the same club :p (Rockstar Rejects) lol

I will be back on track next week and will get the face mask sorted.

So you all know I have decided to go ahead and create a Mini MOD for Half Life 2. Yes its huge, so I have started with the basics and will create a couple of maps for Counter Strike first and then move on to some simple Single Player Maps and then onto a mini level. So I have spent a lot of time in Hammer and back in XSI getting used to exporting from XSI to the Source SDK

Once that’s all done then I can start on the MOD. I had a working title for it called Portal, but now Valve a releasing a puzzle game called Portal, I have to think of a new one. The basic plot is written down and I am working on a storyline atm and have started creating a list of assets to add to both the CS:S and HL2 Maps. All the joys...

You're nuts I here you cry, but to be honest yes I am, but its the only way I have left to get my foot into the games industry. I am unable to get into Uni as I am not able to claim grants as I am living with my partner and not married so therefore I get nothing. All equal my arse, even with a part time job I would not be able to attend. My "foot in the door" (QA Tester), didn't pan out, but hey one more of life little knock backs. So this is the last avenue at 34 I wish I knew about jobs like this, but your career councilor doesn't tell you, you can be paid for making and playing games!!! :headbang:

Anyway. Much love to you all and thx for the support. Peace Out...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 15 08-07-2007 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber
are you sure that you`ll get nothing for going to uni. I was living with my girl friend at the time I went to uni and because I was over 21 was classed as a mature student and I got a full grant and had to pay no fees for 5 years (plus I`m welsh so also got a welsh grant- which also helped) - the only thing is I cant remember what I put down on the form about my girlfriend at the time. I worked 42 hours a week as well (hardest working student the world has seen - let me tell you) and they still gave me the lot. It was 6 years ago when I started but the gov bent over backwards to help me.

Do you have to tell them she lives there ???

I would also look in to the unreal engine more than the half-lifes Hammer as the job emails I still get are often looking for that engine knowledge and I have never seen any one asking about Hammer. The other good thing is the plugging between that and Maya - I know thats what they use on the uni game course in Swansea

Good luck mate

this is where I get the job emails from
https://www.probegames.co.uk/Probe%20...besignup.shtml

and

https://www.datascope.co.uk/jobs_games_artists.html

hope they can help in some way

Last edited by tweetytunes; 08-07-2007 at 12:53 AM.