Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 18-06-2007 , 06:56 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Joopson
those are playing cards.
i did that because you can throw them like ninja stars, but since kids cant buy those, he got playing cards, lol

Shurikens = awesomeness.

# 32 18-06-2007 , 08:23 PM
19 year Veteran

Originally quoted by perfecto:
Okay, on second thought I think you should make everything straight. That way I'll have a better chance of winning, hehe. You're really getting the hang of it now. I think the mirror, the door, the baseboards, the floor seams all flow well together. I'm not an expert, but I do think it looks pretty darn awesome. Very cartoony and should fit really nice with your character.

I reccomend joopson sticking with the cartoon motif, because the ninja is very cartoon in stlye, buts thats just my own opinion.

# 33 18-06-2007 , 09:39 PM
sorry Joopson if what I posted was misleading. I was just kidding about the straight lines. I meant it as a joke. I was trying to say that you're doing an awesome job making everything look cartoony and should keep with it. Sorry if I confused you.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 34 18-06-2007 , 10:32 PM
19 year Veteran
I'm shure joopsoon knew you were just kidding around. I'm shure it's all cool.

# 35 18-06-2007 , 10:51 PM
haha, don't worry, i realized that ^_^

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 36 20-06-2007 , 02:45 PM
ha ha ha - this is an awesome concept joopson and you are pulling it off with style mate! Really like the rooms that you've been making and the main character is looking cool too - really like the cushions taped to his feet. Definitely agree that he needs a bit of work - his left arm is coming out from his body way too low - i think if you add more of a lean in his body, it will help get the pose you are going for...

Keep up the good work! user added image

# 37 20-06-2007 , 03:43 PM
Subscriber
This is looking cool.
In the final though it would probably make sense to light up the rest of the environment more because the shot should be about the ninja, not the environment.
Maybe have light coming out of his bedroom door or through a window, just to show the model off a bit more.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 38 21-06-2007 , 07:14 AM
sorry about the lack of updates in the past 2 days, i was very busy.
ill update today with some stuff. ^_^

and thanx, ill take all of the crits into account today too!

www.joopson.com
# 39 21-06-2007 , 07:19 AM
is this better for the left arm?
after this I'm probably gonna nap, lol, so i wont have updates till 2 or something.
but i don't like his right hand, something about it doesn't make it seem organic. so ill change that next.
user added image

user added image
-Andy

Attached Thumbnails

www.joopson.com
# 40 21-06-2007 , 07:23 AM
yeah - that's already looking much better. I think the problem with the right arm is that it's just too straight at the moment - add a bend at the elbow - and it might be cool if he was holding something.

enjoy your nap.

# 41 21-06-2007 , 10:36 AM
haha, im awake now.

i added a bend to the right arm, im not sure if its too much though, what do you think?

also, do you think i should even give him ears?

Attached Thumbnails

www.joopson.com
# 42 21-06-2007 , 11:03 AM
Jr.Who
Too much of a bend for me, he looks like he wants to punch me in the face. I think that you shouldnÕt put ears on him, it would be more cartoony that way.

user added image

# 43 21-06-2007 , 05:47 PM
is this better?

Attached Thumbnails

www.joopson.com
# 44 22-06-2007 , 02:14 AM
Jr.Who
Yes. Have you thought of any toy that could be put in his hand that looks like a katana?

# 45 22-06-2007 , 04:26 AM
Looks really cool and unique!
(This is if your going to put something on at all) Instead of the conventional Ninja weapon the Katana, I would suggest making him even more uniqe than you already have him and give him something like a morning star, or a mace.

Yay, not a freshman anymore!