Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-02-2005 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber

What is a good scale setup for a staircase

Hi there all,
My next plan I am thinking of doing is modeling a house, both interior and exterior. Eventually this will be part of my portfolio that will be setup as a walk through of all my 3D artwork through the semesters that I had attended at college.

So far I got the basic first floor foundation done, and now I am working on the stairs. Though I have a couple of questions. What I wanted to ask you is, what is the depth, height, and width of each step of a basic straight staircase that connects to a 8' wall? In addtion to this I also wanted to know what should be the height's distance between the first and second floor? I ask this because I tried doing it and it didn't look perportional. I don't need the exact measurements, I just need it to be perportional. ALSO, The only thing I ask since I already started to model my unit scale is set to 1 unit = 1', and 12 grid spacings = 1'.

In addition to this, I did find a sketch of staircase. The only problem I had was that when I stretched the plane to be big enough the image had also stretched. And I can't seem to find how to stop the image from stretching.

Anyways here's the sketch I found...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-02-2005 , 03:27 PM
user added image get a tape measure and your off m8 user added image both stairs and room hights exist in real life ... so your off to an advantage when finding out the for room hights.

To be honest these measurements depends on age and style of the house. So many possibilities.

FX supervisor - double negative