Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-01-2006 , 08:14 AM

Dragon Quest

Par los que recuerdan la serie de DragonQuest, aqui esta la espada que la princesa Leona le obsequia al pequeño Fly.
Soy relativamente nuevo en esto, espero que les guste.

Leonás Sword

Si gustan les puedo enviar las imagenes con mayor tamaño, se aceptan sugerencias y comentarios: Mi E-mail

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-01-2006 , 09:25 PM
looks ok...but you need to work a bit on the blade...it's a bit too round to hurt/cut anybody seriously user added image

# 3 23-01-2006 , 01:18 AM
Subscriber
this would make a cool logo! Great eye candy user added image

# 4 23-01-2006 , 02:42 AM
Unfortunately, I can't read or write Spanish, but I can compliment it! This is lovely! I agree with Ahnslaught on the logo matter. Great job!:bow:

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 23-01-2006 , 03:10 AM
Par los que recuerdan la serie de DragonQuest, aqui esta la espada que la princesa Leona le obsequia al pequeño Fly.
Soy relativamente nuevo en esto, espero que les guste.

Leonás Sword

Si gustan les puedo enviar las imagenes con mayor tamaño, se aceptan sugerencias y comentarios: Mi E-mail

ill try to translate(as i am learning spanish)

for those that remember the series of DragonQuest, here is the sword that princess Leona flatters to him to the small Fly. I am relatively new in this, I hope that you all like it.

Leonás Sword

If it pleases you, I can send images with greater size, suggestions and comments are accepted: My Email

i hope that helped

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com

Last edited by Joopson; 23-01-2006 at 03:16 AM.
# 6 24-01-2006 , 01:55 AM
Subscriber
I love the rendering and the recreation of the style of weapon, i can barely remember the concept and the name rings a bell, been a while since I played that game.

anyways regarding the actual model i feel that the colour of the hilt is too bright a colour that conflicts with the surrounding silver, prehaps a making it a little darker, all wooden surfaces give some type of a specular feeling the texture/colour seems to negate that effect, be nice to see it in there.

the blade itself looks too similar to the background its on and lacks the appearance of an actual blade.

the model is fine in itself except for the little indent at the tip, id say the only problems are, are with the texturing. apart from that its not that bad.

------------------------

Amo la representación y la reconstrucción del estilo de la arma, puedo recordar apenas que el concepto y el nombre suena una campana, sido un rato puesto que jugué ese juego.

de todas formas con respecto al modelo real me siento que el color del hilt es un color demasiado brillante que está en conflicto con la plata circundante, prehaps haciendo él un poco más oscuro, todas las superficies de madera dan a un cierto tipo de una sensación specular la texturael color se parece negar ese efecto, sea agradable verlo adentro allí.

la lámina sí mismo parece demasiado similar al fondo su encendido y carece el aspecto de una lámina real.
el modelo está muy bien en sí mismo a excepción de la pequeña mella en la extremidad, la opinión de la identificación los únicos problemas es, esté con texturing. aparte de el su no que malo.

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 7 10-02-2006 , 03:28 PM
Muy bien, me gusta mucho la piedra roja de la empuñadura, sigue asi y llegaras lejos.¿Eres español?
Los demas tienen razon, es chocante una espada con los bordes redondeados a no ser que sea un florete y esos tienen al menos punta

--------------------------------------------------------------
(same stuff in english)
very well, i love the red stone in the hilt, go on and you'll succed. Are you from spain?
The other's are right it's strange a sword with rounded edges, unless it is a foil and that kind of swords al least have a point

# 8 13-02-2006 , 05:46 AM
Gracias a todos por tomarse un momento para dejar un comentario, todas son muy buenas críticas.
Yo soy Mexicano, gracias por preguntar.
Y para los que les interese les puedo mandar archivo de mi espada para que la retoquen a su gusto, solo escribanme y se los mando, nos vemos.

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 13-02-2006 , 10:48 PM
Fantastico!

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 10 02-03-2006 , 12:23 AM
lol this sword will only slightly annoy the enemy