Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-08-2006 , 04:44 AM

how can I stitch rendered images together? (500 images)

hi guy's

i finished my animation project (car modeling) I renderd in high quality with renderman. including light and camera and texture. i renderd as patch render(500 still images) looks perfect. but now i want stich all images together to make avi or video file. I know about Adobe aftereffects. but I look every where to find out about tutores (composit images together)from adobe after effect. but all of the dvd talk about 2-3 images. but what about 500 images.? how can I simply and easy put them together and make avi or video file? does anyone know something about it? please say something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks guys antonio

:bow:
# 2 07-08-2006 , 06:49 AM
Have a look in How Do I render a Movie in the basics and New forum.

# 3 07-08-2006 , 09:19 AM
Short answer use Virtualdub

# 4 07-08-2006 , 11:51 AM
thanks for replay/ gster 123 i know how render a movie. but what i,m looking is how stitch the 500 images together not movie.and using adobe after effects. because the adobe has best image quality and render quality but virtualdub hasn't. i prefeer adobe after effect .but i want know how can i stitch images together. put or composit 2-3 images very easy. but what about 500 or 1000 ??????? any idee?

thanks guy's fro replay. I really appreciate ur helps

please more details

# 5 07-08-2006 , 01:00 PM
You should have said that you were using Adobe After effects.

Hopefully you should have named your images as "file_name_0001.extension" going up to say "file_name_0500.extension" for 500 frames.

Then open After effects, make a new composition, then file import select the frist image then check image sequence and import.

Then drag and drop it into the comp window, the image sequence will then be imported as "footage"

# 6 08-08-2006 , 08:58 AM
thanks guy's I got it. i,m doing right now. and i import all images to aftereffect. but what about rendering.when i render only show the first image. please any idee? i,m new to after effect. please help to see my animation in real movie. thanks

# 7 08-08-2006 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber
If you want a quick, cheap and simple way to make an animation from stills check out VIDEOMACH .

There's a time limited demo available for free but it's only around $30.00(USD) to buy if you like it.

All you need to do is import your images then export as your desired format, piece of cake!

Hope this helps a bit,

Mat.

# 8 08-08-2006 , 06:04 PM
thanks happymat27. that is good idee. i,m going to try . and see how looks like. if looks perfect, than i thanks you 1000 times.if not than I have to uninstall videomach(more free space on my hard disk) thanks happy mat 27. I hoop that you all the time be happy....

# 9 14-08-2006 , 10:26 AM
I just used Quicktime Pro 6 -- it provided excellent image quality and the .mov could be imported to After Effects. Unfortunately I no longer have it because I need to watch Quicktime 7 movies and you can't install Pro 6 and Free 7 on the same computer. Stupid Steve Jobs.

Also if you have an AlphaChannel in your images (Targas) and you save the movie as "millions of colors+" you get the alpha channel with it (that's what the plus sign means). Which means -- you can composit your layers perfectly being that Maya does the "keying out" automatically for you.

It'll also be helpful if you wish to save your movies as h.264 -- but being that I only used Pro 6 I don't know how to do that. (That's a 7+ feature)

I think you click File -> Import Image Sequence and click the first frame (assuming they're numbered -- else you need to add them all in order by hand), but its been a while.