Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-02-2008 , 04:25 AM

Crits?

Is there a reason I can't get anyone to crit my stuff? It seems that most threads are pretty frequently responded to. user added image Just wondering if I have stepped on someones toes or something.

The Swindler
Critty please? With sugar on top?
# 2 06-02-2008 , 05:04 AM
as far as i know, you haven't.

As far as the crits go, sometimes people are lazy and they don't bother responding. i know sometimes i wont comment if i have too much to say about something, haha.

i hope you don't take offense if you don't get many comments, its just how some forums work.

cheers,
-Andyuser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-02-2008 , 05:46 AM
No, not offended. It'd be nice though if someoneone would give a little feedback is all.

The Swindler
# 4 06-02-2008 , 06:38 AM
for me, i usually go through the threads when i'm at work, and they have 'image hosting & file sharing' sites blocked, so certain pics i can't see. i'd love to critique, but that's the way it goes for me... (but i can't speak for anyone else *shrug*) <sigh>

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 06-02-2008 , 12:26 PM
Lifetime Member
Agent_Dick , we all post a thread at sometime and the thread is not responded to much so don't take it personally.I guess some projects excite ppl more than others or they have nothing to say , too much to say and can't be bothered or simply miss the thread entirely.

I try to look at most threads but I must admit I don't like to go to images that are hosted off site as most of the time they are take a while to load ,if they load at all.
I also don't usually crit work unless I have something useful to say .

regards J.S.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 06-02-2008 , 05:06 PM
This is all fine by me, I was just makin sure. Kind of neurotic by nature, sorry.

The Swindler
# 7 07-02-2008 , 04:34 AM
Subscriber
I used to feel the same way then I just kind of figured if I ask for suggestions or c&c and I figure if I get no comments at all in a day or two then I'm doing alright. I see the views I know people are looking at it.

# 8 07-02-2008 , 06:31 PM
yeah - don't take it personally agent-dick - we'll soon let you know if you step on our toes. user added image

i'm the same as neo and jsprogg - i often can't see images at my work.

keep posting - i'm sure someone will take out their red pen soon enough!

# 9 08-02-2008 , 06:11 AM
Subscriber
Yes it happens...sometimes we dont get no response.
Rest assured it happens on other forums as well.
Cheers!