Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 15-06-2009 , 07:31 PM
Subscriber

Huh? in Mental Ray

I have a problem in Mental Ray.

The problem is this: sometimes a character's brightness suddenly pop ups and/or pops down. So that that character can seem to be flickering. For example, my character is rising on it's hind legs and right before it reaches its apex. The entire character gets brighter in a jump that seems to occur in one frame.

The character is on its own render layer and all the other elements the primary visiability is turned off. In the process of trying to figure what is going on, I've have layer override the raytracing to off and it still does it. I also rendered in Maya software and there is no popping of the brightness.

I think I can fix it in post using photoshop or after effects. But has this happen to anyone else? This is my frist time in rendering out a animation with mental ray

Last edited by UncleMito; 15-06-2009 at 09:39 PM.
# 2 16-06-2009 , 02:43 AM
r you using final gather

# 3 16-06-2009 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber
Yes

But I solved my problem,

It seems when I left my mental ray fog object container to simulate volume fog on my character's render layer. It was causing the jump in brightness for my character. So I removed the object from that layer and I will consider putting the volume fog in its own render layer.

Thanks for your help