Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-01-2011 , 10:57 AM
Lifetime Member

200 litre drum model, got bored

Ok so Im THINKING about this challenge...got bored waiting for my tut downloads so I can see how to do this compositing thing...and did this drum for part of the scene (IF I DO IT Jay..LOL). Now tell me what you think of the drum...does it look real enough...obviously it wont be a close up so I think it will suffice? crits please...also if anyone wants the model..PM and I will give it to you.

cheers bullet

helps with the bloody image

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 07-01-2011 at 11:03 AM.
# 2 10-01-2011 , 07:59 AM
How did you do it with Poly or NURBS modeling? I'm still struggling to decide when to use which

# 3 10-01-2011 , 09:14 AM
Lifetime Member
All poly's mate...I use NURBS very little..though I am being pushed in that direction for hard surfaces and what NURBS can offer to compliment poly modelling.

This was just a basic cylinder and extrusions...I basically did the one cylinder with no divisions...then slected the body and added 3 divisions to get them nice and equidistant. The rest were just extrusions mate...to get what I wanted. The 2 bungs are seperate geo and just placed.

Try it with NURBS man...that would be interesting!

cheers bullet

EDIT: the little welds on the bungs are also seperate geo...just a half a torus positioned to give the illusion of a weld. Something I keep forgetting and ctbram whcked back into my skull...it doesnt all have to be one geo..LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 10-01-2011 at 09:17 AM.