Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-12-2011 , 12:20 AM
3d n00b

Frost vapor o_O

Hello all, new guy here. I really look forward to putting some of my things up for some critique and taking advantage of some of the awesome tutorials.

Currently im working on a short animation and what I would like to accomplish would be some vapor like smoke coming off the blade of an Ice Axe and falling to the floor. Im just starting to get familiar with maya fluids but im curious as to what the best way to pull this off might be. The axe will be swinging with the arm thats holding it while walking but not much more I dont think. The main thing is I dont want the vapor to rise like heat.

My Tumblr CG Adventures
Deviant Art lunchboxaz

# 2 07-12-2011 , 03:55 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.