Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-06-2008 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber

QuickTime movie speed

Hey people,

i'm just wondering if anyone knows how to speed up a quicktime movie like you can with a dvd

you know with a dvd you can speed it up and still hear the sound? the sound and video is played a bit faster

the tutorials on the gnomonology site are all in .mov format and quicktime doesn't seem to be able to play them 50% faster (i dont know if anyone here speeds up their tutorials when watching them, maybe its just me), quicktime can play them faster but the sound sounds weird, and its harder to hear whats being said.

unlike with an avi file when i just play that in my laptop's dvd player program it can speed the file up just fine and everything is still easy to hear.

The problem is that none of the players i have other than quicktime and real player can play .mov files...

I did convert the .mov files into .avi files, and used a Xvid compression and i get some results, but the resulting .avi file is 6 times larger than the .mov file and the picture has less quality (ok, come to think of it, that could be illegal? modifying someone elses work without permission? user added image )

(how is it that the tutorials here are in avi format and are small and you can still see sharp detail?)

if anyone knows of a player that can play .mov files and speed it up (say 50%) with the audio still being played then i'm open to the location

if anyone doesn't quite get what i'm on about cuz you all watch tutorials at normal speed then... i'll explain with more concrete examples (or at least try)

# 2 30-06-2008 , 08:00 AM
Jr.Who
I play the SM ones while fast-forwarding them all the time, in QT. Could be that your computer isn't fast enough? user added image

# 3 30-06-2008 , 01:25 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I think if you press play in QT and hit FF at the same time it works does for me, either that or my quicktime need sorting LOL.

It sound like Im watching tute made by the smurfs! AWSOME

Cheers
Papa Jay

# 4 30-06-2008 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
hmm, i right click on the FF button and it fast forwards permanently (well.. until i hit play) but it sounds like i'm hearing two people talking fast and out of sync...

well... i've a lot of .mov files so maybe i'll get used to it sometime...

# 5 23-03-2011 , 03:14 PM
LAOMUSIC ARTS

hmm, i right click on the FF button and it fast forwards permanently (well.. until i hit play) but it sounds like i'm hearing two people talking fast and out of sync...

well... I have a lot of .mov files so maybe i'll get used to it sometime...

Open your movie in QuickTime Pro, press View/A/V Control (Strg+K on Windows), once marked your video, track, you can speed it up to 3 times faster. Save under a new name if you wanna keep the original version !

Enjoy !
LAO
LAOMUSIC ARTSuser added image

# 6 23-03-2011 , 06:17 PM
SM Tea Boy

Open your movie in QuickTime Pro, press View/A/V Control (Strg+K on Windows), once marked your video, track, you can speed it up to 3 times faster. Save under a new name if you wanna keep the original version !

Enjoy !
LAO
LAOMUSIC ARTSuser added image

I have nothing to add to the thread, but I have to say that is one funky avatar you have there lol

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"