Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-09-2002 , 03:24 AM

paypal

didnt this site used to accept paypal for vip access.

# 2 11-09-2002 , 03:55 AM
wow thAT would be a great idea. but im not sure.

# 3 11-09-2002 , 07:46 AM
Kevin
no, never used paypall before, but I will have a look into it later today as you are the 5th person to ask, so as much as I dislike it...it may be an option. user added image

many thanks

# 4 14-09-2002 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber
whats paypal?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 15-09-2002 , 12:08 AM

# 6 15-09-2002 , 02:11 AM
SM Tea Boy
Its very nasty

Be warned that Paypal is not a bank and is not FDIC insured

Judge says PayPal's arbitration rules unfair
Company attempts to isolate itself from challenges, he rules.

A common scam with Paypal is stealing of money through hacked accounts.

And on and on its generally used by companies that wouldn't qualify for a merchant account with a real bank its un secure and they have a very nasty habit of ripping there customers off.

There have been several class-action lawsuits filed against Paypal.

Fraud seems to run rampant on the Paypal system. Merchants doing business through Paypal are simply not given any of the same tools to identify fraudulent transactions that real credit card merchants enjoy...

Our payment facility is with a real bank it is secure and its insured we don't use paypal because we are a real company and thus qualify for a merchant account, also paypay makes it cheep to set up an e-commerse site we spent the money and did it the right way.

Any one that wants them i can give you links to pages and pages full of un-happy paypal customers as well as the info on there latest court cases.

So no paypal unless Kevin insists i for one would strongly advisee against it

David user added image

https://www.paypalwarning.com/WallOfS...lt.asp?Page=21

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 15-09-2002 , 02:21 AM
I'm not sure on the paypal issue.

I havn't had much use for it, so I never investigated it much.

I see a lot of personal sites ad it to thier layout just to see if someone will click on it and "donate" some money to them.

If that really worked, we'd all be richuser added image

If SM's already got a merch account, why do it?
Unless it's easy to use? dunno....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 15-09-2002 , 02:27 AM
SM Tea Boy
ppl see something all over the place and assume its a good thing, but the reason you see it on a lot of small personal site's is that they wouldn't meet the requirements a true credit card merchant requires.

Simplymaya has a merchant account, in fact our payment page is on a banks secure server your not really going to get more secure than that, we are insured any payments you make to us are protected against fraud, we pay a lot of money to make sure people are well protected and i for one wouldn't like to compromise that by sticking a cheap mass used payment system on-line that i personally had no control over and is in court every other week over bad business practices.

If anyone finds the system we use now hard to sign up with please say we will happily listen to any way you think it could be made easier.

If you don't like paying with a credit card e-mail Kevin and he will give you details of how to send us a cheque or money order.

End rant sorry about that but i really don't like paypal.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 9 15-09-2002 , 05:30 AM
wait a minute i think it was mike? who had paypal on his site.

# 10 15-09-2002 , 05:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
I do have a paypal link on my site. I figured my tutorials helped a lot of folks, and if they saw fit, they could help me out a little bit. No one's done so, but that's ok. lol

I could use it about now though... looking for work! user added image

# 11 15-09-2002 , 08:12 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by David
ppl see something all over the place and assume its a good thing, but the reason you see it on a lot of small personal site's is that they wouldn't meet the requirements a true credit card merchant requires.

Simplymaya has a merchant account, in fact our payment page is on a banks secure server your not really going to get more secure than that, we are insured any payments you make to us are protected against fraud, we pay a lot of money to make sure people are well protected and i for one wouldn't like to compromise that by sticking a cheap mass used payment system on-line that i personally had no control over and is in court every other week over bad business practices.

If anyone finds the system we use now hard to sign up with please say we will happily listen to any way you think it could be made easier.

If you don't like paying with a credit card e-mail Kevin and he will give you details of how to send us a cheque or money order.

End rant sorry about that but i really don't like paypal.

David user added image

Yep myself and dave looked into it before we started SM - and read some horror storys, so decided against it