Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 09-11-2006 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
hi, not sure if this is going to help you, but I've been doing a tutorial where you link your low and high res model via the connection editor. You somehow connect the in and out mesh.

here's the link
https://www.subvoicestudios.com/tutorials.htm

download the character rigging pdf and go to page 37

hope it helped

# 47 09-11-2006 , 06:05 AM
Cheers for the help farbtopf but this does not look like it will work for me since I have gone way to far with things and my model is more than just a smoothed version of the basic geometry. From what I have read it looks as though to create a realistic rig with all the muscles deforming I need to do all of the weigting and influence objects on the high res model. My computer probably will not be able to cope with me doing animation with a dense mesh so I might skip the whole muscle deformation idea and work with something far less complex.

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 09-11-2006 , 06:48 AM
You could use influence objects to drive the lower res mesh for the arms, chest etc, othe than that what about using belnd shapes and set driven keys, bit of effort to get the blend shapes going but should work, In my limited rigging experiance.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 49 09-11-2006 , 07:43 PM
Ok I think I have sussed what I am going to do. I think I am going to use your idea gster and try to get all the muscles and everything going on the low res. I am considering investing in syflex and making the bat suit with it. I hope then I will be able to simply attach the suit to the low res and it will collide with all of the deformations.

Attached Thumbnails
# 50 05-12-2006 , 02:42 PM
Heres an update on my batman model so far. He still needs his cape and some work on his belt, boots and gloves. Due to other work I have'nt had much of a chance to work on him. I am hopeing to have some free time over christmas to finish him and the joker. I am using the Pose Space Deformer Maya Plugin by Michael B to create the muscle deformers. I have finished the shoulder and elbow area and need to work on the legs and lower abdomen next.

Crits and comments appreciated

Attached Thumbnails
# 51 05-12-2006 , 09:01 PM
Wow thats amazing I can't wait till see when this is all done. Are you going to animate it or what? Dang you do so much detail. If I was making that i wouldnt do half the things you did. Good job on Batman I like his hands how thier really smooth and how everything comes together great.

# 52 08-12-2006 , 11:31 AM
cheers zohar0. I still need to do a lot of work on batmans mask and hope to create his cape once I have purchased syflex. I am happy for the most part with how things are looking but a lot of work is needed on the joker.
Once everything is finalised though and I am happy I will then put together a short piece of animation involving a high speed car chase finishing with the joker taking a beating from batman. I hope to use this as a demonstration of the skills I have gained with using maya in the areas of modelling, rigging and animation over the past 7-8 months.

# 53 08-12-2006 , 12:55 PM
i'm afraid i don't understand the texture on the joker's face... what is it, like a tattoo?

Accept no substitutions.
# 54 08-12-2006 , 02:54 PM
I am not really to keen with my attempt at the joker at all so would ignore him since it will be done again. I was basically trying to texture his face as it looked in the comic I was using for reference.

# 55 27-12-2006 , 12:54 AM
absolutely wonderful. Great job there

GG,
Long P. Nguyen
# 56 27-12-2006 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
Nice work, but in the begging of this topic how do you render the back round trasparent?

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 57 27-12-2006 , 08:23 PM
Very nice work mate, Keep it up user added image

May the force be with you

MSN: markjborg@hotmail.com

My Official Portfolio

Mark Julian Borg
# 58 17-08-2007 , 09:59 PM
Since I now own a decent comp I may finally be able to put together a short piece of animation. Only prob is my batman model now looks rubbish and so I will have to re-do him. Here is a shot of how the motorway is looking as the mo although it is going to need a lot of texturing and modeling work.

Attached Thumbnails
# 59 17-08-2007 , 10:16 PM
Hi Leonlabyk,

looking good. Any chance of you posting a wireframe of your untextured batman? I'm modelling a guy just now and his abs are giving me grief, whereas your looks great.

cheers,

gubar.

# 60 17-08-2007 , 10:28 PM
here is a wireframe. If it will help I can send you the model.

cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails