Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-01-2004 , 01:29 AM

hmmm... i just got my copy of underworld in the mail...

i reely enjoyed that movie and i respect the director for wanting to use a person rather than cg but the hard fact is that people in big bulku costumes (no matter how detailed) cannot life up to what cgi can do
personally i think that movie would have been a millian times better if they had used more cgi in the fight scens...

PS. I finnaly made my "The Professinal" avitar yay *dances around extatically*:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 10-01-2004 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
*drools* I absolutely love The Professional. One of my favorite movies. Very cool.

# 3 10-01-2004 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber

Re: hmmm... i just got my copy of underworld in the mail...

Originally posted by fire_master

PS. I finnaly made my "The Professinal" avitar yay *dances around extatically*:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

that is my favourite film... + a few others

# 4 10-01-2004 , 05:37 AM
you two have verry good taste

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 5 10-01-2004 , 02:12 PM
haha the guy that worked on that (one of the leads) sits next to me at work user added image in fact most of the team that did underworld sit near me user added image

It's a funny old world

But anyways a fair amount of cg was used in the film from what I understand

here's what we did:

https://www.framestore-cfc.com/press/...dex_front.html

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 10-01-2004 , 04:00 PM
Subscriber
I thought the wolves were very convincing. I didnt realise that they werent cg until I watched the "making of". I think they did a great job on the fx.

The story on the other hand... user added image I just wanted to see a good old fashion werewolve vampire fight. not matrix kung-foo and gun fights. ... over all I liked the movie alot.

# 7 10-01-2004 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
The Movie Kicked Frieeking A$$!!
Dig the ending,, Slice Woosh!!user added image user added image