Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-03-2005 , 07:09 AM

plzzzz.....help

if anyone could example this to me, I would be forever grateful. This is killing me.....I have now tried the tut 3 times, and I keep getting the same thing.

plz.......refer to thread

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=16001

pitsta

this is the sequence in which I selected them

user added image

Last edited by pitsta; 23-03-2005 at 07:20 AM.
# 2 23-03-2005 , 08:13 AM
Subscriber
post a capture of the curves before the birail operation and with CVs showing... Have a suspescion, but can't be sure.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 23-03-2005 , 08:52 AM
thanks for your time mate......much appreciated

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 23-03-2005 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber
Okay, that shows the curvec, but what I'm really look for the CVs so that I can see which direction each curve goes and where they begin and end.

Select the curves to be used, then press F8 to switch to component mode. This should display the CVs. Capture that and post.

Also, don't need to see the whole head, just the area you working on, and I suspect the problem is in the curve(s) definine the eye.

# 5 23-03-2005 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
I suspect that the number of vertices is not the same for opposite curves and also on the image you posted you selected the curve below the eye you need to be selecting the one above the eye

# 6 23-03-2005 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
Okay, I'm not familiar with the tutorial your doing, and since I can't see your CVs. I decided to expirement to see if I could duplicate your problem...

I can make this happen only if the eye loop is a single closed curve. So, you should be able to detach the curve so that the top is a separate curve. once the top curve is separate you should have no problem birailing with it.

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 23-03-2005 , 11:13 PM
thanks heaps for your help so far.....the tutorial is from the 'Learning Maya - Modeling' DVD. And the instructor actually says that is okay to be a single closed curve. Or thats what I think he means. What would you advise?

And how do you tell what direction the curves go....why would this make a difference? I really like this method of modeling, even if its currently giving me a hard time. What method do you prefer for modeling?

Anyways....much appreciate the help again.

pitsta

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 23-03-2005 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
even if you seperate that curve your still going to have a nasty mesh your going to have to rebuild your curves so they have the same amount of spans otherwise you get isoparms all over the place

# 9 23-03-2005 , 11:56 PM
Subscriber
Hope this helps...

Attached Images

# 10 24-03-2005 , 06:54 AM
Thanks Guys....Michael & sspikedudley.....i will give it a go....and will never give up. Don't they say you have to make lots of mistakes to learn alot.

Anyways....I have taken it all onboard.

Cheers and Happy Easter.

pitsta

# 11 24-03-2005 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
Failure is fine as long as you learn from it.