Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-09-2006 , 04:38 AM

dog body first try

let me know how you all think my dog is coming along. Im new to this so I think it looks ok but I wanna know what everyone else thinks. Also how would I get a pic of the wireframe. Print screen didnt work. Is there a maya option?
front image.
user added image

perspective image
user added image

Last edited by desolation9000; 20-09-2006 at 04:41 AM.
# 2 20-09-2006 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
hey man this is looking ok
the front view to me looks a bit mean

1- theres a pinch on the hind leg at the top u can eith sort this out now or wen u convert to polys

2- some of the creases to me look a liitle too much but this also can be tweaked wen in polys

good luck an keep it going

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 20-09-2006 , 03:25 PM
It's good. You might try to increase the body mass. He looks a little too thin.
Everything else looks good. Good originality from the tutorial.user added image
The mean look is kinda cool and add eyes-- you'll be surprized how life-like it'll become.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 22-09-2006 , 12:27 PM

wireframes

Im taking it a little slow since I have school, and I have to write some really long programs in C++. But here are some wireframes I believe WIP is not complete without some wireframe pics. I had to redid the front leg and back leg twice since polys turned them into mechwarrior legs. I know I could of just cleaned it up with vertex editing on the polys but eh it was good practice with nurbs. Im not in any rush so it didnt bother me to redo the legs twice. Well here is the wireframe and also a really fast nurb model I made for my sister.

user added image
user added image
user added image

# 5 22-09-2006 , 05:44 PM
I know how hard C++ can be. Wireframe looks good though.
Whats up with the bunnies¿?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 6 23-09-2006 , 04:54 AM

bunnies

The bunnies was just something I made for my little sister. She wanted bunnies to put on her background on myspace.

# 7 23-09-2006 , 08:00 AM
Sisters.... I know how they can be too...