Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-01-2003 , 08:20 AM
Subscriber

Projecting 3d video and Images with Video Projector

I was thinking, how is it possible to create 3d images that can be seen like real 3d..using blue/red glasses...and then view them using a video-projector.

Also, is there any audio/video home cinema fan out there?

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 07-01-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
its called imax, thats if youre thinkin on a big scale tho (4k resolution!)
but im sure you can it with lightwave, i know cos i did it before, stereoscopic vision, you can render out your images twice, one from the perspective of each eye then theyre viewed together and yeah user added image dont think maya has it tho

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 08-01-2003 , 02:05 AM
SM Alumni
There was a stereo camera plug at A/W a while back, not sure if it works with 4 or 4.5 though.

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 4 20-01-2003 , 11:31 PM
it exists the plugin for maya 4.5 and ir works perfectly user added image
yes, i have been working with it for some time now and it is great .
i am projecting into a a retroilluminated panel using two projectors, u have to aim them accurately, then each one of them has a filter....one for vertical scanlines and olther for horizontal scanlines...then with polarized glasses, that also have the filter in each eye respectively (like the projectors) to properly decode the image user added image
i hope i could help user added image
(or probably u already know this crap heheheh ):banana:

maya rulez
# 5 22-01-2003 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
PunkFlow, Amazing! I went and saw a colour 3D movie (not the cruddy red/blue images) at an IMAX Cinema once... I thought for a little while, and then worked out that it was projected and received using EXACTLY the method you described with the polarised filters. I tried to explain this to my friends but only 1 person understood it! Everyone else said it had to do with these special sensors on the glasses you wear that sense where you're looking and, somehow magically make the picture go 3D.

What I want to know is: all that the glasses need is for each lense to be polarised on opposite axes... then why do IMAX make such annoyingly HUGE goggles that are so HEAVY that they slide off your nose even with the restraining head-strap on user added image !!!!!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 6 22-01-2003 , 11:02 AM
well -<{ JB }>-, that method (the heavy glasses) is used when u have a bigger budget......because what is heavy is expensive user added image
but the main reason is that those glasses are controled electronically by an emitter (that controles the range of the signal and enables the viewers to experience the effect from anywhere in the room) that gives glasses info on wich of the projected images goes to each eye respectively....that is called shutter glasses. u have this kind of systems available for your PC at www.stereographics.com (no i am not making pub...) they aren't very expensive and u can really se your 3D stuff come to live, i think it is awesome user added image the polarized scheme is for lower budgets, u can even use those paper glasses that have polarized lenses that the effect is good but not as good as the shutter glasses user added image

user added image cheers!!

maya rulez