Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-01-2003 , 04:56 PM

metal texture

i did the door tutorial & hammer, now how can i make these things shiny metal surfaces?? i want to make the doorknob a shiny gold.

# 2 26-01-2003 , 06:09 PM
Read up on using the hypershade to create materials and textures. For metal, create a blinn material (or anisotropic for brushed metal) and name it. Double-click it to open up the material's attribute editor. In the color chooser, change it to a brown. In the specular shading section set the color to the highlight color you want (orange works) and overdrive the SV of the HSV so that the saturation and value are over 1.0. That should get you started with a gold material.

Then just select your doorknob, right-click on the material in hypershade -->assign material to selection and it should show up on the knob. You can also assign it by right-clicking on the object itself then go: materials --> assign existing material -->your material.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 26-01-2003 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
there is a ready made one at highend's maya shaders section...

# 4 28-01-2003 , 04:14 AM

Originally posted by tariqrf
there is a ready made one at highend's maya shaders section...

where? i pm'ed u but no response

nitro i did what you were saying. I cant find the HSV setting :o user added image

all i get is this glow effect, no shine user added image

is there a tutorial on this? i couldnt find one, i only found one for using 3dsmax..