Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-03-2011 , 06:58 AM

Assignment due in 2 days, texture problem.

Hi guys. I'm currently doing our first big game design assignment for school and I've run into an issue.

I've been texturing a spear/scythe model, and I've been texturing the whole thing the same way (selecting faces, applying texture, projecting, then unwrapping the UVs), and suddenly when I try to apply a texture to the scythe blade, it just won't appear. I've attached a shot.

I've tried re-creating the UVs, and applying a completely different material and re-loading the texture, but nothing helps.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me because I have a few other models I need to get done by tonight (due in two days) but this has me stumped.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-03-2011 , 07:40 AM
Lifetime Member
Are you using Photoshop or Maya textures?? and are you selecting the whole object? not face by face? If you are using a Maya texture just apply it to the WHOLE blade, then create UV and use automatic map...see if that works

cheers bullet

EDIT: it also looks like your normals are reversed on the handle? is this the case with the scythe or is the handle black for a reason?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 27-03-2011 , 12:42 PM
Is it displaying in the render. Or not displaying in the openGL.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 27-03-2011 , 03:31 PM
The Nurb Herd
do you have a snapshot of your uv layout?

# 5 27-03-2011 , 09:59 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you have multiple UV sets? It might be displaying the wrong UV set, or you might have accidentally created a new one.