Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-10-2015 , 09:34 PM

eyes disappearing (rigging)

Hello! I'm doing a pretty basic, beginner's rig, and I'm almost to the end. However, I've parented the eyes of my model to my head rig (as usual), but now I can't turn the visibility off my joints or else the eyes disappear along with it.

What should I change or fix to get my eyes back? Or how do I hide the joints without also hiding my eyes? user added image
user added image

# 2 29-10-2015 , 10:28 PM
The thin red line
You dont need to turn the visablity off as the joints will not render...............dave

# 3 29-10-2015 , 11:57 PM
I'm not trying to render, I just need to make a quick video for class. And would like for the joints to be hidden (as our tutorial shows but doesn't explain).

# 4 30-10-2015 , 05:30 PM
EduSciVis-er
In the viewport you can turn off joint visibility with Show > uncheck joints.
Or you can use a parent constraint on the eyes instead of parenting them.