Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-10-2015 , 05:01 PM

Wrong axis rotation of the foot/Ankle effectors or controls of Human Ik

After creating Control Rig with the joints that aligned with the preferences that i want, I checked all the controls to see if they have any problems and I found something that it shouldn't be. The Left/RightAnkleEffector or simply the Ankle controls from Human Ik does not face the same default Z axis (The X and Y axis are okay) with the others. The Z axis has estimated to be around 42 degree rotation to the front and I don't quite like how it is going to work to create my own animations. If I have to always animate CAREFULLY to make sure the foot lies on the ground level without any overlapping, I will have a hard time to finish it. I would like to animate the additional joints(such as hair) after I exported from iClone 6 and is going to expire soon.. So how can i fix this? Thanks!

/Vinnie

Last edited by vinniejip; 22-10-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Edits
# 2 12-12-2015 , 07:23 PM
If I understood correctly - just use constrain/pole vector, so your ankles will always face used polygon.
Otherwise, when creating legs or arms don't use perspective view. For legs use left or right, then mirror it to other side. For arms, personally I use top view.
Both ankle and knee joins has to be moved a bit away from their "lines" to make them bent exactly to that side when using ik handles.