Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-07-2004 , 04:39 AM

Anyone heard about the status of a 64-bit flavor of Maya?

It's obvious to anyone paying attention to hardware trends that 64-bit cpu's are becoming much more popular now than when the Itanium's were released. I myself type this message from an AMD 64 based laptop. So with the current trend seeming to lean that way, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about whether or not Alias has considered making a 64-bit version of Maya. I know one doesn't exist, at least for Windows or Linux, but I didn't know if someone might have heard or read anything that has been mentioned about it before.

Thanks.

# 2 14-07-2004 , 12:26 PM
im hoping for it to come out when they release maya unlimited for the mac : )
(typing from a apple dual 2.0ghz g5)

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 3 14-07-2004 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
Maya Unlimited for mac will have 64bit optimisation, at least thats what they let us believe (cant find the article where I saw it).

As for the intel platform, they will probably do it when the market will be ready. They need to justify the investment and as funny as it sound, there are probably more 64bit machine running Maya on mac than on intel. Maybe it will be at the same time as the mac version...