Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-11-2003 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber

Script Editor on XP

Hello all,

i remember before we had windows 2000 professional and when you batch render your animation you can see the percent display on Script Editor....but since now on windows xp professional it doesn't display the percent progress only it says "rendering...." Does anyone ran into this problem? thank you

# 2 06-11-2003 , 06:40 AM
Mine does this too...
sometimes it will show % on the first few frames
then stops.

It does'nt affect the rendering so I dont worry about it
much.

I usually batch render from a shell anyway
Joe

rasterfarian
# 3 06-11-2003 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
hi joe, weird..because if i bring the same file to a win2k professional system...it displays the percent but it renders much faster let's say it took 20 minutes....but on windows XP Pro it takes 2 days to render without displaying the percent loader..

=(

# 4 07-11-2003 , 06:31 AM
yikes-- Mine doesnt do that...
I've run 2kpro and xp pro on the same system
and dont notice any difference in rendering.
mabey something else is wrong.
Essentially xp pro and 2kpro are the same os
same kernel etc.

rasterfarian
# 5 09-01-2005 , 05:32 AM
Subscriber

no batch progress in script editor too...

I see this thread is old, but hoping someone may have a solution by now. I am also using windows XP and have never had a problem monitoring batch render progress on the script editor...but today, out of no where it stopped displaying progress. The script editor only told me that maya is rendering...and that was it. I can see the individual frame images being written to my destination folder, but nothing shown on script editor or output window. Any settings / preferences, etc. that can fix my problem?

Thanks