Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 19-10-2002 , 02:59 PM
SM Alumni
yeah I know what you mean.. you can simplify /un exaggerate the motion a bit for your bear.
took me about 30mins from scratch

# 17 19-10-2002 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
wow 30mins! pretty good user added image
do u mean simplify the motion of your animation? or the motion of my one?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 18 19-10-2002 , 04:13 PM
SM Alumni
mine - just tone the whole thing down a little (ie make the extremes of the leg poses less.... er extreme) and apply it to yours as a sort of base.

# 19 19-10-2002 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
does that still mean both feet off the ground at a time? cos atm theyre both off at the same time for a very small amount of time, and not that high off the ground

- Simon

# 20 19-10-2002 , 04:41 PM
SM Alumni
yes... if you watch that run anim a frame at a time (theres a program called virtual dub which is free that lets you scrub .avi's one frame at a time) you'll see how it works a little easier.

# 21 19-10-2002 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
nice prog kal user added image
if both his feet are off the ground at the same time, we go back to one of my earlier vids, looks like hes galloping
can someone describe to me how a gallop and how a runs different? cos i cant think of anything off the top of my head

- Simon