Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 30-01-2006 , 08:36 AM
hey i dont want to start anything here but that was a bit of a harsh statement there Jay. if you are refering the the file size as 200k then look again as they are only 70k. and looking at some of ur work suggests that u also do the same sort of 'small update posts' as with most of the other people around. And hey really, there isnt anything wrong with it and most of us are still learning.

# 32 30-01-2006 , 09:56 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Lipski

No dude not file size, 200ks is short for 200km per hour.

The work is good as Ive said but if he slowed down backed off a bit it would be that much better. I think Falott has said this before on another of Vims previous posts.

As for file size hes using an outside server like myself so that doesnt matter in this case or mine. We arent using SM servers.

I agree alot of people are learning which is why from time to time I am more harsh with some crit than with others. But also in effect if you dont want crit good or bad, dont post.

There is a need to realize that work needs crit and pointing the truth out is what is needed in this case, I feel its not right. Believe me there are people on this site who will tell it like it is alot worse than me. I am just clear and concise, as with my own work, if it was crap or something out of place I'd expect to be told its not right instead of giving me 'gloss'.

Nuff said

Jay

# 33 30-01-2006 , 10:17 AM
Subscriber
Can't really say it better to be honest,.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 34 30-01-2006 , 12:32 PM
ok then a little misunderstanding. You make a good point and totally understand that in order to improve one must see room for improvement. Encouragement is not a bad thing either. At that moment just thought you may have come on a little strong thats all.

# 35 30-01-2006 , 01:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Tim

Thanks as always

Lipski

No probs. The thing is not to read to much into something unless you understand it totally. Nuff said on the matter.

Cheers
Jay