Well in one of the pictures above you see I am snapping the vertices of a sort of template to the wheel well. I took the template that was turning black and copied it into a new scene. I made a poly plane and intersected the template to it. I did a Boolean while they were intersected and the deleted all of the faces, except for the ones left on the plane that was from the template. It worked and it was just a thought. This one had not been extruded in the making of it, as the original template had. It snapped to the wheel well just fine and everything worked.
As I say, it was just a thought and it worked. Funny since my neurons have taken some abuse over the years.
I hope some of that made some sense.