Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 29-09-2006 , 10:50 AM
Well I didn't say censors ain't needed (just to clarify) but where I live, censors have done some pretty dumb things such as:

Rating Zoo Tycoon M for Mature becuase the animals can apparently die.

Rating The Sims M for Mature becuase it is somehow a 'too realistic representation of life' (I ain't saying that its unrealistic).

And many other things that are too numerous for me to bother saying.

And then, one can argue that censors actually don't protect children but confuse them. In children's cartoons, people fly everywhere, stand up and everyone's happy. If a harmless video game can influence children negatively, then hows that going to affect them. Something that censors havn't thought of.

As for how I think Rockstar should deal with moaners, I reckon they should actually play the game and see that it ain't some brainwashing program, but a clever story and great game concept that should be played by people who can handle it.

# 17 29-09-2006 , 01:42 PM
Senior Software Developer
In a weird way we agree...

LOL

I love the M ratings that's fantastic, and how the hell is The Sims ever realistic... Most kids go through loads of animals by killing them accidentally. and little pixel dieing would be more horrific.

ROFL ya gotta love it...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 18 30-09-2006 , 07:56 AM
lol, who here can remember that in the StarCraft credits, Blizzard had a line saying, 'no pixels were harmed during the making this game', or something like that?

By the way, StarCraft is rated M for Mature where I live.

R@nSiD, you said 'and how the hell is The Sims ever realistic.'

Well, it is sort of realistic, in its concepts of people living in a house and having to go to work, but apparently the love bed was just too much for the censors where I live.

# 19 01-10-2006 , 10:10 AM
Senior Software Developer
Its unrealistic due to the simple fact of its cartoon style and animations.

I think someone needs to have stark talks with the censors in your State. There's a real thin line between censorship, breaching Freedom of Speech and all out control over everything you see or do. What did they call that again... Oh Yeah. Communism

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 20 02-10-2006 , 03:02 AM
lol, censors where I come from can be pretty crazy sometimes.

But I think if started a thread on censors, it would probaly be censored, lol.