Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 20-01-2007 , 08:54 PM
ok, now this is seriously screwed up, every time i click on the fourview mode, it just says "Error:"

edit: i got rid of that problem just by opening a new scene and importing all the objects from my project

# 17 20-01-2007 , 09:30 PM
alright, i came back to beveling because its been giving me the best look, theres just one problem, for some reason the moment i bevel it, it becomes semi transparent, re texturing it doesnt help, any ideas?

user added image

LMAO edit: i cant believe i didnt notice this, its not transparent, it just didnt create survaces for those two sides, dont ask me why.. now i just need to go about adding some sides to it o_0

Last edited by Kalzenith; 20-01-2007 at 09:43 PM.
# 18 20-01-2007 , 10:32 PM
ok, everything seems to be working smoothly again, ive added the ridge around the edge, bevelled the border around the screen and all sides appear to be there, lol.

i just need to know why the ridge there is lit so bright and how i can make it darker, and any other tips you guys have to make this more realistic

user added image

# 19 21-01-2007 , 05:13 PM
It would be hectic as a phone if it didn't have a earpice and a microphone...user added image

I rule.
# 20 21-01-2007 , 05:50 PM
indeed, thats why im going to model a bluetooth headset for it, and why i put the audio jack on the side there (besides, this isnt my project alone, its a group thing, im just making the model XD )