Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 24-03-2007 , 09:07 PM
Lifetime Member
when are we going to see some more ?

# 17 25-03-2007 , 04:31 AM
Not very soon my friend, unfortunatly. I am realy glad that you following my progres.
I have some guests during the wikend, and we drink a lot. user added image
I think I need a rest couple of days... then i will be back in a good shape. user added image
Well... we still have a time until 15 april, dont we? user added image

Cheers user added image

# 18 25-03-2007 , 08:36 PM
A small update, before my friend comes and before I get drunk again. user added image

About 2 hours of work, I added some elements, and the moust important I connencted all important object so engine could work user added image I deleted some unnececery polys (like those in the camil holder).
There is also basic wall in the background and something like tower. Very basic at the moment.

A close look
https://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i387695_Side.jpg

A look from the wall
https://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i387696_Wall.jpg

Look from the bird eye
https://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i387694_Eagle.jpg

# 19 25-03-2007 , 09:02 PM
Holy frosted christcakes, you are mad user added image

That's a good thing; awesome work ^_^

# 20 25-03-2007 , 09:19 PM
Lifetime Member
fabulous model but I the screws on the left of the top picture kinder throw the scale of your catapult way off , either the catapult is tiny or you would need a screwdriver as big as a man to turn those .

# 21 25-03-2007 , 09:36 PM

Originally posted by jsprogg
fabulous model but I the screws on the left of the top picture kinder throw the scale of your catapult way off , either the catapult is tiny or you would need a screwdriver as big as a man to turn those .

Yup.
You are right. I miss that one. Thanks a lot. :bow:

@severinianthony
Thanks Pal, I will check out your thread too. user added image

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 25-03-2007 at 09:55 PM.
# 22 27-03-2007 , 07:07 PM

# 23 27-03-2007 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
Mn how long is it going to take u to uv map and texture that lot.

your insain but got great skills. Look very nice

# 24 28-03-2007 , 06:26 AM
Lifetime Member
This is turning into a city ..respect my friend.
love the model.

# 25 28-03-2007 , 08:36 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I'am realy glad you like it. user added image

@tweetytunes
Well, the more object have a detail, the less texture painting is needed. That's just my opinion. From the other side, many object will not require unwraping, I just going to put, for example, a cylindrical UV Maping for barels and street lights, a box maping for the walls behind, a procedural material should work for the ropes... etc. It's not easy, but it's worth trying.
The moust dificult part I think, will be ground. I think I will going for resolution (becouse I dont like tileing) at least 4096x4096 or twice bigger. In PS i think I will combine some maps, one over another, add some dirtyness... maybe some blood (like in my MK animation user added image ).
But let's first see what task we will get on 15 April.

# 26 28-03-2007 , 11:33 AM
Very creative work. I really like the layout and the style so far. You're really showing off your modeliing skills. Keep pressing on.

Question: There are some cubes in the far back corner and also to the left of the screen. Right now they look a little bare compared to the rest of your scene. I'm just curious what they are...if you're not planing on doing anything else to them.

# 27 28-03-2007 , 01:24 PM

Question: There are some cubes in the far back corner and also to the left of the screen. Right now they look a little bare compared to the rest of your scene. I'm just curious what they are...if you're not planing on doing anything else to them. [/B]

Well I toat that the cube could be interesting. I just feel like they are going to feet in there. Everybody avoid cube, becouse it looks so CG, so I decided to put them, to brake the rules.
Just kidding. user added image
I realy don't know why I put them. They could be a rofly mashined stone. A stone that is waiting to be fully procesed.
Or they can be something like divine cubes for the dwarfs. Who knows? user added image

And yes...
Thanks for the kind work.
You are going in right direction too in my humble opinion.