Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 06-05-2008 , 02:03 PM
nice one mat user added image
looks good and sounds good too. Using a kids voice definitely helped.

Good luck with the final rundown to the end of the course + hope you see something you can apply for as you finish user added image

Simon

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 17 06-05-2008 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
The whole thing was made on my PC

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

yea, apple seems to be selling out anyway.., but with computers running the world these days and a 'great new model' available every 6 months so we can all ditch out old ones.., they may as well be environmentally friendly.., it all helps

thats some nice liquid effects there.., maya renderer?? softbodies..?? or particles??

watch out for the leaving uni crisis.., similar to a mid life crisis.., but not as bad..user added image

Muser added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 06-05-2008 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Simon,

I've got my fingers crossed for work!

Mirek,

it's been a while how's things?

"The whole thing was made on my PC".....as opposed to an Apple.

Because the module was meant to simulate a real world project (obtaining licenses for sound and images, contacting clearcast for relevant broadcasting regulations etc.), the group got a bit of grief from the tutor for using PC's for the work and presentations.

The idea being that Apple would no way allow work which would represent them to be made on anything but an Apple. It sounds daft but the bloke runs a successful post production company in England and he knows his onions..... he told us about being present for a Nike shoot and some poor behind the scenes bloke wearing Adidas trainers got the sack there and then. That aside, none of us had access to Apple computers so, although an interesting point, we couldn't do anything about it.

My film is rendered using Maya renderer and the fluid sim was made with Realflow.

I hope all is well with you,

Mat user added image

# 19 06-05-2008 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber
things are up and down mate user added image

ill pm you one day soon give you the goss user added image

yea, the copyright thing is crazy.., the whole sponsor thing is crazy.., i totally understand what you went through.., its par for the course outside.., and at times inside uni

real flow eh?? hard to use???

take it easy and life will be easy
# 20 06-05-2008 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
It's pretty simple to pick up really.

It only does one thing (fluid sim) so there's no geting confused by other stuff you're not going to need. Importing geometry and animation from Maya is straight forward using the plug in that comes with it and importing the created mesh into Maya is just as simple.

The only drawback is that it's boring to use.... once you've set your attributes you just wait for the results, yawn. Simulating isn't animating if you get what I mean.

Later,

Mat.