Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 10-01-2003 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by nirsul
You didn't like the FORD ???????
- I was planning on putiing their logo (or maybe another firm)

no i dont like ford at all, make it a GMC please if you dont mind user added image

regarding textures:
also, I am not too fluent (yet...) with the shaders - I still have my doubts when trying to use the layered shaders to put labels.

What kind of textures would you use - I used the leather shader for the seats BTW.

Nir

the seats are ok the way they are - i meant more the outside paint of the truck. i would suggest a layered shader - i would say one or two that are on top that have only shinyness, then reflection-only and 2 color (one half transparent on top with angle dependant transparency and one solid below). just an idea ...

# 17 10-01-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
oh oops forgot about the texture - maybe some real fine noise on one of the color layers as bump, but might not look realistic, or a waste if resolution of rendered image is not big enough - so you get some kind of a 2 tone metallic paint.

# 18 10-01-2003 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
As I said - I am still new to shaders so I will try a layered car shader found on HighEnd3D and we'll see...

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com