Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 27-04-2003 , 03:45 PM

posing update

Well, it was finally T-Shirt weather yesterday, so I went golfing rather than work on the computer. Its raining today so I have an update! I've got him basically posed with a set driven key on the hands for a walk cycle. I'm sure I won't have time to animate him before the end of the month, but I will eventually, as I learn more. I will try to get him in some type of proper environment though. Thanks again ereitz for the advice on set driven keying. It wasn't too tough once I got into it.

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 32 29-04-2003 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
glad to be of help Snich - I like rigging actually because with riggin you start planning how you're going to animate and make it possible. He'll have quite the walk cycle I imagine with that configuration! Looking at him I wonder how does he attack - does he have a stinger in that abdomen?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 33 29-04-2003 , 06:00 PM
Ereitz: Heh, I hadn't really thought of that. Either he's just there for the scare effect, or I suppose he could deliver a nasty head butt like a bull. He'd have to be careful though, or he may bite off his own tongue! user added image

# 34 30-04-2003 , 04:53 AM

Final Render

Final Render:

Well, here he is in his element. I won't get a chance to do any more tomorrow and its after midnite now *yawn*, I hope everyone likes him. The lava took many tries and I'm still not totally happy with it. I ended up with a cavern texture applied to the color channel and changed the 3 colors of it to yellow orange and red, then messed with the scale and raised the ambient a bit to get a glow effect. I had to photoshop the glow around the rocks because I didn't know how to do it with lights. Anyways, I thank everyone for they're advice throughout the challange and hope to enter another soon. Cheers!

# 35 30-04-2003 , 06:02 PM
Did I say cavern texture?? I meant crater texture. Told you I was tired.