Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-09-2004 , 04:50 AM
The Maya Mountain

World of Warcraft

I managed to get into the WoW Stress Test, and I must say, this game is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it when it actually comes out, though. We'll see. At the moment, I'm a lvl 11 Tauren Shaman. user added image

# 2 11-09-2004 , 06:22 AM
do they have any night elf characters in it? such as a Demon Hunter? cuase that'd be pretty cool

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 3 11-09-2004 , 02:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
Night Elf is one of the races... The available races are:

Alliance
-----------
Human
Night Elf
Dwarf
Gnome

The Horde
-------------
Tauren
Undead
Orc
Trolls

Depending on what race you choose, you have certain classes available. For example, only Night Elves and Tauren can be Druids.

# 4 11-09-2004 , 06:49 PM
i see i see... and is it a monthly fee like FFXI? becuase i've never been a fan on paying monthly fee's on video games.. mainly becuase games for me will only stay fun for a month or 2 and then they just sit on the shelf and collect dust until i get the urge to play them again... this is probly why i'm such a Blizzard fan... FREE ONLINE GAMING WOOOOOOO!

# 5 11-09-2004 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
Well the thing behind any MMORPG is that you get sucked in so much that you just have to play, and to play you have to pay. These types of games destroy countless lifes, one such sad story is about a man who just wanted to play Everquest in peace but his baby sun just kept crying, so what did the man do? He locked the baby in a coubard. The baby has spend over 24 hours in there.... and sadly died. This I read in a article in some magazine.
My point being: You will never get bored of ANY MMORPG after 2 months!

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 6 11-09-2004 , 08:27 PM
well i played Ultima Online for about 2 months before i finally quit... i still get urges to play it every once in a while.. but none of my friends play anymore so its not the same

i never heard that story rubberchicken.. although one everquest story i did hear about was about a man who was so addicted the game instead of getting up and getting something to eat and drink he just kept playing and eventually dehydrated himself and died...

i also know a couple people who didnt graduate becuase of that game... i love RPG games... so i think its best i just stay away from Everquest

# 7 12-09-2004 , 01:39 AM
The Maya Mountain
I never played Everquest, but from what some of the guys at the office are saying who have, WoW is pretty much the same as Everquest except "fixed." I guess EQ has a lot of buggy-ness.

# 8 12-09-2004 , 03:39 AM
i wouldnt put it past blizzard to to break into a whole new concept and master it with their first game.. the people who work there are my inspiration

# 9 12-09-2004 , 02:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
Oh, and to answer your previous question, there will be a monthly fee. I'm kinda half-and-half on these kinds of fees. First, I wouldn't be as conflicted if you got your first 3-4 months with the game's purchase as opposed to just the first.

However, if the developers put out a lot of new content on a fairly steady basis, I'd feel that my investment is being well-spent toward that new content. Like in City of Heroes, which I'm playing currently. I started playing in May or so (stopped for 3 months while I wrote my book) and came back late August to find new content waiting for me, and a second batch of new content is expected next month. If WoW does it just as frequently, I'd call that swell.

But anyway, today is the last day of the Stress Test, so unless I'm somehow put into further Beta cycles, I won't be playing it again until it's release after today.

I've managed to try out a number of races and classes... Nightelf Hunter, Undead Warlock, Dwarven Warrior, Goblin Mage... Pretty much all of them have been fun to play. I'm thinking I might try Druid today, and maybe a Gnome race. user added image

# 10 14-09-2004 , 10:54 PM
Technical Director
ARG!!! Lucky....

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 11 14-09-2004 , 11:08 PM
The Maya Mountain
Heh, yah, it was fun while it lasted. Stress test was over on Sunday, so I only got a couple days to sneak a peek at it. user added image

# 12 21-04-2005 , 11:50 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread but WOW is fantastic!

Played 1 week and LVL 19 night elf rogue. Anyone wanting to start play on a european server head to Thunderhorn and look me up as Kinslayer. Cant stress how much fun this game is! user added image

# 13 22-04-2005 , 12:03 AM
Im level 39 druid Night Elf and play on dalaran

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 14 22-04-2005 , 05:47 AM
The Maya Mountain
Wow, Kurt, I'm on Dalaran too. user added image lvl 60 priest, but also have a lv 36 druid I play now and then user added image

# 15 22-04-2005 , 06:09 AM
Sweet Mike.... my nick is Gimmick....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb