Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 15-07-2006 , 11:57 AM

Jasmine_Pose

Hi everyone,
so this is a still i've been working on for a few days... Renderd with Mentalray, fixes and CC in Photoshop. I just thought i'd get some feedback on what you think and if something stands out, i've come to a point where i'm a bit blind user added image

Cheers,
/Chris

Highres Version 2Mb
user added image
user added image
user added image

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"

Last edited by Sir-Avalon; 15-07-2006 at 03:52 PM.
# 2 15-07-2006 , 12:26 PM
Banned
Dam. I gotta get me one of these girls user added image
Nice job, wish i could model like this.
Could i please see a close up of the face textured.

# 3 15-07-2006 , 01:45 PM
Wow thats fantastic!

Only thing that may want improving are the rocks in the middleground to the left. They could be a little less blended and brought out more for some depth. Otherwise it looks really really good

# 4 15-07-2006 , 01:51 PM
Good job with the modelling and rendering, i love it! user added image

# 5 15-07-2006 , 02:56 PM
Cheers everyone! user added image
Lipski: Thanks, nicely spotted! I can see what you're talking about and I'll look into that. Hopefully get an update tomorrow.

/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 6 15-07-2006 , 03:45 PM
Dude that is great, I really love the leaf depts on the trees...

My one comment is to add a similar texture that the belt has to the leather straps on the shoes...from the render it almost looks like the shoe straps dont have a texture...

Overall that is amazing man...nice work.

# 7 15-07-2006 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber
amazing

nicely doneuser added image :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 8 15-07-2006 , 07:31 PM
I can see how you might go a bit a blind... :mg:

good work - this is looking very nice. The only area that bothers me are the eyes - they just look a little flat to me - still, I couldn't do anything like this...

# 9 16-07-2006 , 01:40 PM
Subscriber
It's very nice done! although I would love to se a more emotional expression on her face user added image

Maya 4 ever baby!
# 10 18-07-2006 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber
Well-constructed female models ALWAYS get my attention (they are probably the HARDEST of all organic models to make look convincing)!

Your work is inspirational, sir avalon! I presume the figure has a full facial rig as well as a skeleton. I too would love to see some sort of facial expression. To me that's the cherry on the cake!

One of these days I will take a whack at a female model (if I can get the Mrs. still long enough to pose for reference shots! :-) )

WELL DONE, SHIPMATE!!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 11 18-07-2006 , 08:20 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
A rare question from me, can I see a wire? Just of the girl a bit closer too.

Also is this a possible entry for the new D'Artiste Book, Character Modelling 2?

Jay

# 12 18-07-2006 , 09:35 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice work! Only thing I'd say is the face seems to just stare rather blankly forward. Some kind of expression would be nice.

# 13 18-07-2006 , 09:41 PM
Cheers guys! user added image

Lt Jim, yeah... I did a lipsync test a while back with the head old hair and a hat you can have a look here. I'm not that happy with the rendered result but are going to make a new effort on that soon.
Here's a playblast anyway: Eternal Sunshine Playblast

I really cant take all credits for the body modell itself (shoulders down) as I used a base mesh from the open source project Makehuman and tweeked that and attached my head.

Jay: Here's some more wires. Hehe, thanks but I dont think I've reached that level yet to have a chance for an entry in an D'Artiste Bookuser added image This is actually more a teching ground for me to experiment with stuff!!

Cheers,
/Chrisuser added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by Sir-Avalon; 18-07-2006 at 09:49 PM.
# 14 18-07-2006 , 10:13 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Sir Avalon

Thank you

Jay

# 15 19-07-2006 , 03:31 AM
Subscriber
Sir avalon,

In the end, it's the head that makes or breaks the rest!

Unfortunately I couldn't view the lip sync test (I'm having serious Quick Time issues...I need an older version to get After Effects to work properly! :-) ), but I'll take your word for it! Looking forward to some animation! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."