Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-10-2006 , 10:39 AM

Scaling in the wrong axis

Hi. Strange problem here.

I've my polygon on one side of the thick black line (the Z-axis) on the grid. The pivot is on the black line.

When I duplicate it, and change the X-scale to -1, the polygon rotates as if I have typed in -1 to the Z-axis.

Any idea what's wrong?

# 2 05-10-2006 , 11:21 AM
Make sure u have select object not faces can give sreenshot too that will help us know moe about problem

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 3 05-10-2006 , 12:22 PM
I've posted a screen shot.
I'm modelling a car. The right is the original polygon. X axis is left, Y is top and Z axis is front.

When I duplicate the car I have the resulting polygon as shown on the left. (I've moved it to the left so that they are not on top of one another). As such, I can't get a whole car.

Attached Images
# 4 05-10-2006 , 01:27 PM
First select base model and and do Freeze transformations it in modify menu and select base againtthis do center pivot model and now press insert key on keyboard hold down x button to span to grid move point to center scene where drak black line intersect his will help u

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.