Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-09-2006 , 08:57 PM

WTF STOP DELETING MY THREADS

Im asking for some help ware toget the damn program and ware to obtain it and some one keeps deleting my threads and imgetting no help at all and this is starting topiss me off, i want to learn modeling and such and no ones helping QUIT DELETING MY FRIKEN THREADS

# 2 20-09-2006 , 09:11 PM
The program costs quite a large amount of money (I paid 410$ for a student license of Complete all costs totalled)... talks about aquiring it any other way are *illegal*, and under the DMCA I believe also a federal crime.

If they delete your threads, its because they don't want to get SUED.

For LEGAL acquisition of the software:

Maya PLE

Full Versions Resellers List

That's the only 2 places we're legally allowed to mention.

# 3 20-09-2006 , 09:15 PM
Pfft 410... more then what maya is worth

i mean its like what half a grand right there right?

# 4 20-09-2006 , 09:24 PM
Yea.

Apart from the free PLE version which puts watermarks over everything and can't communicate with full versions of Maya -- the ~350$ CDN (+ tax, + shipping) pricetag is what you need to pay.

Honestly, I'd try learning on PLE (first link) before you get good at it. Don't dump a half grand until you know whether or not you're going to give up in a week.

# 5 20-09-2006 , 09:27 PM
Well im takeing a coruse at college right now gameing and animations devloper certificut and ilove makeing 3D models and testing them, im so sock of people saying icant im to the point i want to steal it and SHWO THEM i will pruve them wrong, givem e time to learn it and iwill pruve toyou ican learn it imnot a retard like most assholes at my college say i am.

# 6 20-09-2006 , 09:28 PM
The watermark thingys are created so that people can't sell their PLE content. But, yeah, the full version is a bit over the top expensive. Maybe I'll order from Canada lol.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 7 20-09-2006 , 09:29 PM
i had no intention of selling there product had i gotten the full version. I would keep the program i used and such a secret, im sure you remember john carmac the lead developer of id software, hes my idol and such and when i herd he used this program for the game in my mind iknew ihad to have it too. I mean even if icant use the full version i can atleast fallow inhis footsteps....

# 8 20-09-2006 , 09:31 PM
Ya, sounds cool. But, if ya think Maya 7 is a lot-o-money, look at Maya 8.user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 9 20-09-2006 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
does your college offer english 101 too ?

there are other software apart from maya, blender is a full fledge 3d application and its fully free. even has fluids simulation. modeling/rendering/animating is the exact same thing across any program, why are you so hell bent on maya.

wings is also free, and its a great modeler.
gSculpt is also free, and its just like zBrush.
bryce is probably still free...

take it easy.

# 10 20-09-2006 , 09:33 PM
I think I'll do things one step at a time. First Maya, then ZBrush e.t.c.

# 11 20-09-2006 , 09:33 PM
i want to animate as well, give my models and such life.... something idont know how to do, and no my college dosent offer english 101 just yet idont think, i mean i want to but.. i just want togive my creations life.

# 12 20-09-2006 , 09:34 PM

Originally posted by vladimirjp
does your college offer english 101 too ?

there are other software apart from maya, blender is a full fledge 3d application and its fully free. even has fluids simulation. modeling/rendering/animating is the exact same thing across any program, why are you so hell bent on maya.

wings is also free, and its a great modeler.
gSculpt is also free, and its just like zBrush.
bryce is probably still free...

take it easy.

Links to the other sites plz? i dont think wings works to well i have there latest stuff but there renderors i cant get ahold of for some reason. That site is old and needs updateing..

# 13 20-09-2006 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber
well maya is one of the most expensive one.

try the student version. its not 500, its barely 250 i think.

student version is the exact same as regular priced version.

and if u need links, im sure you can type www.someapp.com" by yourself
or google them.

# 14 20-09-2006 , 09:35 PM
Well, I guess you should start practicin' christian.

I'm a high school senior and don't need to buy Maya now cuz I practice at school.

Btw, nice avatar. Most people don't RTFM lol.

# 15 20-09-2006 , 09:36 PM
Lol how will i come up with the money Lol its hard enough i got to use what the college offers me... i know how to add https://www but iwant toknwo the link to the last 2 sites to get 3D builders and such