Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-05-2013 , 02:40 PM

UV mapping question

I just started trying to texture my models, starting off with a pretty simple bus model i just finished. I know some stuff about texturing since i've been making simple materials in cinema 4d for example.....

now my question is: Inside, i want to have one UV map of my bus from the front, so I go to create uv's - planar mapping - project from Z axis, and i get just what i want in my uv texturing editor, now I know that all my polygons are affected by only the front of the bus. I dont want that. I want another polygon set-up with the side view. So i got the uv of the front of my bus, and the side of my bus (top and so on...). I was thinking to merge them together after that.

But i only seem to be able to only get either the front of my bus into the uv texture editor or the side of my bus.

I know this might be a big beginner-mistake, but can you guys help me out here? user added image user added image

- Skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 27-05-2013 , 04:46 PM
The thin red line
Select the faces of the bus front first then project then select the faces for the side project again...............dave

Edit: When you do your first projection select all the UVs and move to the side so they do not overlap

# 3 27-05-2013 , 06:19 PM
allright thanks user added image the problem was that i had "Create new UV Set" checked when i tried to add the second uv map... my mistake :s

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^