Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-06-2013 , 02:17 AM
Having Fun!!!!

Photoshop Question?

I know many of you are very familiarized with PS so I have a question, Why when I try to use the crop tool it automatically creates a transform selection around my image?. Because of that I cannot click and drag to make a custom selection. I don't know how to explain this better sorry. user added image

BTW I have tried to reset the tool and it won't work.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-06-2013 , 02:40 AM
Acid44
Drag in from the corners/side points of the selected area to crop?

# 3 20-06-2013 , 03:36 AM
Having Fun!!!!
It's not like I can't crop, It's just that I don't remember the tool creating that transform selection automatically. Basically It's forcing me to use the transform points. I remember just selecting the tool, clicking and dragging to make a cut.

Last edited by Juanpax; 20-06-2013 at 03:38 AM.
# 4 20-06-2013 , 12:08 PM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah, I think they changed the functionality slightly. It's not a transform box, the handles move in to create the crop area. But if you do want the old crop functionality, just use the marquee select tool, and when you have the area you want, go edit > crop. (I think it's in the edit menu).

# 5 20-06-2013 , 05:57 PM
Acid44
Oh, I get what you mean now. What he said^ :p