Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-08-2005 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber

WTF? Can't get rid of rogue geometry

Hi all. I'm having a slight issue that perhaps some of you have run into and figured out.

I have an object (canopy for a plane) and suddenly I have this rogue piece of geometry that will not delete no matter what I try.

I have tried deleting faces, edges and verts while it's in poly mode and sub-d modes. I cannot Separate or Extract it, but I can hide it and force it's Visibilty off, but it's bugging me as to why I cannot get it gone!

Any ideas?

Running Maya 7.0

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown
# 2 20-08-2005 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Pic didn't upload...sorry.

Attached Thumbnails

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
# 3 21-08-2005 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
Check hypergraph to see if it has its own shape node. select the object, then graph the input/output connection. If you can find a node that selects just that piece, delete that node.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 04-09-2005 , 09:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
or possibly a blind data node that can occur (subd history), again see hypergraph

Jay

# 5 05-09-2005 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
Thanks all. I was able to clear this through the Hypergraph.

Steve