Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-11-2010 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber

mia material x passes - problem

Have a look at these two renders. One is a basic lanbert and as you see, the rendered mesh is fine.

However, take a look at the render with the mia_material_x_passes...there are parts of my mesh that are not rendering as expected. I have assigned the material to all of the mesh.

Any ideas guys as to where I can look to resolve this issue?

# 2 17-11-2010 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
Have a look at these two renders. One is a basic lambert and as you see, the rendered mesh is fine.

However, take a look at the render with the mia_material_x_passes...there are parts of my mesh that are not rendering as expected. I have assigned the material to all of the mesh.

Any ideas guys as to where I can look to resolve this issue?

Sorry for the double post

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 17-11-2010 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
The first image is missing....

Are the normals facing the wrong way ?? - its the only thing I can think off looking at the render as the shadder is working in other places - its even reflecting the bad area`s (hehe). It some times happens when duplicating over groups and i think may have happened here.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 17-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.
# 4 17-11-2010 , 10:47 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes
The first image is missing....

Are the normals facing the wrong way ?? - its the only thing I can think off looking at the render as the shadder is working in other places - its even reflecting the bad area`s (hehe). It some times happens when duplicating over groups and i think may have happened here.

I wen tin and unparented my mesh items and discovered where the normals were wrong.

Cheers user added image