Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-11-2010 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber

SpaceShip challenage update

Gone back to try and pull this model to a more usable level. It was my third place entry for a older challenge here.

Here is were I left it.

user added image

user added image

The biggest problem at the time was having to render out the ship in 5 parts as my old rig would not take it.

The new rig handles it fine so no more problems there.

Just rendered a simple fly bye.

Watch it here

Just trying to figure out how to do some cool engine effects to comp on to the back (Any tips or tut`s would be gladly accepted at this point as I am at a loss right now), and maybe put some smaller ship flying past. This is def a W.I.P at this point not a finished thing so crits please.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 08-11-2010 at 07:15 PM.
# 2 09-11-2010 , 08:08 PM
The thin red line
What type of effect are you looking for tweetytunes, if you are looking for a jet plane exhaust I could have a look at the space ship I did and get some of the setting from that. I should make notes.................dave

# 3 09-11-2010 , 08:20 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Looks nice, I would slow down the speed however.
Keep in mind, big things move slower than small things, it had shocky movement as well, but that could be because of bandwidth issues

user added image

# 4 09-11-2010 , 08:54 PM
Subscriber
Yer jet like I think would be perfect daverave.

mastone - yer it be a lot slower was going for just the feel of the thing.

One thing though - what do you mean with the "it had shocky movement" - I have no idea what you mean.

As for bandwidth it is a very small file (2.2 meg) but I am using 20 meg broadband

# 5 09-11-2010 , 09:30 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I mean the ship moved like it was skipping frames , but that could be because of the compression you put on the movie ( to heavily compressed) or because the bandwidth of your server is to low or that my internet speed is to slow which in both cases causes lagging, or what I call shocky movement user added image

# 6 09-11-2010 , 10:13 PM
The thin red line
I will try and get some thing for you tomorrow...................dave

# 7 10-11-2010 , 09:05 PM
The thin red line

# 8 10-11-2010 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
OMG thank you.

I wish I was more awake right now to jump straight into maya and get going with this - it looks perfect for what I want. Skipped though it and the end result perfect match to what is in my head.

Thank you for taking the time and making a video for me - it will most certainly help me out with this a long way.

user added image

And it was your 1000 post aswell - bonus