Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-02-2005 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber

Where to start?

Hey everyone,
I recently decided i needed to get my skills in Maya better so I have decided to try and make a Ferret Armoured Car. I have never made a simple car before like the ones you get in tuts so I really need to ask the question of where should i start so i can get a foot hold?
Below is a pic of the armoured car but without it's little turret but i don't know whether i should begin with a box and work out or build it from planes and build it from pieces rather than from one object?
Thanks again to anyone who can guide me a little to start this.
Regards
Chris
user added image

"While I recognize the necessity for a basis of observed reality - true art lies in a reality that is felt"
(Odilon Redon)
# 2 02-02-2005 , 10:46 PM
Personally i like to build a rough volume of the object first, then i have a starting point i can either refer to, or to develop. Getting into detail too early may mean that you get some essential aspects such as proportions wrong which could result in the object looking strange or out of shape

FX supervisor - double negative