Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-08-2006 , 05:54 AM
Subscriber

view PROBLEMS

Anything is n´t right with my views. I tried everything but when I dolly or tumble or do anything what the position of the camera changes my objects transforms to lower resolution shapes.
For example if I make a Nurbs sphere and dolly or tumble in the view, the shape transforms. without clicking anything the sphere looks like a subdiv in shape 3 (keyboard). with dolly or tumble it looks like a subdiv in shape 1(")
If anybody understood that, he can help me, please.

# 2 02-09-2006 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
I have that problem as well, but only with NURBS objects (usually minor things like eyeballs, &c). I just ignore it, but now I'm curious as to what causes this as well! What version of Maya are you using? For the record, I'm using 6.5. I heard that version is a bit buggy, but for the most part it's fine. I did not have that problem with versions 4, 4.5, and 5...

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 02-09-2006 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
I´m using maya 6.5. I never worked with an other maya.
I had that problem not from the begining. I think that i made anything who changed the view options or something like that.
Or its an bug! I have a friend who has maya6.5 too, and he hasn´t that trouble. I think we should to challenge that.
If you have some ideas how we do that, answer me.
user added image

# 4 02-09-2006 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
I think I figured it out, Mayatastic. Go to "Display>Fast Interaction". If it is UNchecked, your problem will (or should) go away.

Not that it's a problem. I guess the "Fast Interaction" feature allows you to scroll and tumble with complex objects very quickly (without the delay one sometimes gets). I imagine it does this by automatically (and temporarily) lowering the resolution of the object.

Again, ensure that "Display>Fast Interaction" is not checked!

Let me know if this works!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 5 06-09-2006 , 11:14 AM
Subscriber
hey Lt jim. you made it! it still works.
I call you for my next question! :p