Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 27-09-2006 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
ur right, that pic was just an update. I haven't spent much time on the back, the harch, and the upper qp. I did the basic outlining and now I'm working on smoothing. haha I ended up redoing the whole back bumper because I did a render on just the back and saw it was all screwy. easier to redo it but thanks for the comments. hopefully the model should bedone next monday when I update with pics. stay tuned

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 17 28-09-2006 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber
alright moderators, yall are going to kill me but i have huge shots since i was doing this for school so i needed to see how they look. Ummm I dont know how to change the pixal aspect ratio since im not using my comp, this comp cant handle it like mines can.

anyways, I told you guys i suck at rendering because I never rendereed anything. This is my first renderings so im just testing out settings trying to get this thing to work. My paint sucks. im hoping my friend younglion or dilbert can show me how to get speckles in my paint because the paint i have is flat. I dont know materials or rendering so im learning. Hmm I didnt do the headlights, taillights or turn signal but heres some shots

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 18 28-09-2006 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
and another shot

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 19 28-09-2006 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
ok and last one, just trying another color but im really not going to do much until i can get the car paint mat to look like car paint. Ha the car still isnt finished modeled but o well, i was inspired to learn rendering so ill practice with what i go and then finish the model

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 20 28-09-2006 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
not bad at all ..looking good ..just needs alittle more color ..i would be happy at this point if it was me lol ..i really like the silver good choice. ..

# 21 28-09-2006 , 01:37 PM
If you get this months 3d World theres as supliment on automotive design using CG, its got a really good tutorial on car studio rendering.

Have you had a look into the fresnel effect for creating the paint?

# 22 28-09-2006 , 01:53 PM
Subscriber
not yet, last night was my first time really touching materials other then to set up image planes. Theres soo many to learn from so i gotta check them one by one. How is MRs car paint shader. Anyways, im going to check out the magazine when im out of class, thats going to be sweet

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 23 01-10-2006 , 08:42 AM
been a while eh?. anyway the car is looking good but some bevels could be sharper, btw for paint you can use the mi_phen_metallic its under the mental ray shaders, it has some great effects if you tweek it.

# 24 01-10-2006 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber
ohh sweet, imma have to try it out. which edges need more beveling. the onlt one I can think of is the sharp crease that runs about the wheel arches. anywyas thanks, ill give it a try. I have some renders with this new paint I've been trying and new setting but those pics allong with the mat u just mentioned will be uploded tuesday. yea its been a while, busy trying to build my portfolio. hey so u enteting that drift contect at sektor. I think I might want to do a skyline or s15 or even a s14 with a s15 conversion. thays what my boy rides, its sweet

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 25 01-10-2006 , 11:47 AM
heres what i mean i hope this can help you.
user added image

# 26 02-10-2006 , 05:03 PM

# 27 04-10-2006 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber
yea thanks man that will help alot. I didnt work on the rear as much yet thats why the back turn signal isnt there but man im giong o start working on this tonight and hopefully the complete model wil be finished. Man this is killing me with the skyline that im working on as well. again thanks

anyways, heres a another test render. Dont mind the window tints and the rims lol cause im working on the paint first. im trying to get a two tone yellow and orange pearl. anways im going to start working bsck on the model. no more renders until this model is complete cause like younglion pointed out, theres alot of things i need to fix so again no more renders and all modeling for now on so more occlusions next week

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 28 26-10-2006 , 05:45 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
hi,

Looking nice:bow:
I've got a Question, i've moddeled a bmw z4 and everything looks great(i think) but i just couldn't get the tires right (they look like slicks)
do you or someone else now how to model a tire or want to post a link to a tiretutorial?.

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 28-10-2006 , 01:25 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
hi i've included a shading network below that will do the trick and best of all you can render in maya software:attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 28-10-2006 , 03:26 AM
Subscriber